Thursday, May 12, 2022

Last Blog Post... I Think... I Hope...

    Just got off work, I'm listening to Kendrick's new album. It's pretty solid, all good songs, not all bangers, but a solid album nonetheless. My take on it is he's speaking on how the "culture" is a poison. I agree, this "culture" was never ours. It was manufactured in a Starbucks to keep the Black and Hispanic/Latino communities broke. The powers at be don't want us learning how to invest, they want us to learn how to load a gun. They don't us to buy land, they want us to buy gold chains and exotic cars. They don't want us to learn about our history, they want us to learn how to shake our ass for TikTok. This same "culture" always taught me to stay ready to die but never taught me how to live. I just really hope this shit opens people's eyes and we stop this "culture" bullshit and build something new that teaches the next wave to carry themselves differently, because we've been following this "culture" for too long with no changes. That brings me back to a question I had in a previous blog I posted, are we capable of change? Because we are the definition of insanity at this point, just playing the same old song on repeat. We need some change.

12 comments:

  1. I think people are capable of change. Whether a person will dedicate the time and energy to pursuit and maintain the change in thinking, habit, or choice is up to the person. Where there is a will, there is a way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to listen to Kendrick's new album, but I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some songs pin people against each other or against society, most of the things mentioned above are choices. One have to decide will you lead or be lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a product of your environment. In order to fully change you have to leave what you know and have an open mind to change. I haven't listened to his album yet but I'm sure its fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't listened to the new album yet. Now that you speak about change in songs an such, I really need to change up and find some new songs to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Points taken, however, I feel like the opportunity is there for everyone to invest, buy land, and live the American dream like those who do. If that is the culture, one can always adapt to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Snaps", this is all so true. I have not listened to the whole album, of course he is speaking all facts. The system was made to keep black and brown people down and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe we are given the ability to choose what we do with our lives. At least here in the United States, we can go ahead and pursue anything that we set our mind to. Unfortunately, some people believe that their social status is what will ultimately bring them success. Which to some it will, but for the majority, it will lead nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either way, my last blog post will be my last no matter what. I can't wait to never do this ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly did not know he had a new album out...I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Kendrick's first album the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yoo I love Kendrick's newest album!

    ReplyDelete