Saturday, April 2, 2022

Amazon Sucks

    The main reason I moved into a house rather than another apartment was so I could buy a pool for my daughter to enjoy privately and peacefully. I had finally achieved that goal by purchasing a nearly $1,200 above ground pool off Amazon, but the dang delivery never made it. According to FedEx, it made it to Henderson on the 21st and never left. Thanks to their stupid refund policy I had to wait till the 31st to request a refund and now on top of that I have to wait however long it takes for the refund itself to process.

    It really grinds my gears that as consumers, we can't expect our money to be returned immediately. We have to pay upfront for things, why can't we demand our money back when said items don't show up? I really think Amazon and other online shops should charge you once the delivery is confirmed by signature or something. This way if the package never arrives, I can just take my business elsewhere. Ughhh, now I got to wait like 2 weeks so I can get my money back and finally go buy a pool straight from a brick and mortar shop like Leslie's Pool Supplies or Walmart. I was actually able to find a bigger pool on the Walmart app available for pick up at a much cheaper price so it's not all bad.

    I do realize I never mentioned what song I was listening to in my previous post so I guess I owe you guys 2 songs this time around. The song I was playing on repeat last post was "HB2U by Isaiah Rashad". The song I have on repeat today is "Helicopter by Bloc Party(Whitey Version)". Hope you guys liked the read, have a good one! (Bonus Song: "THIB by Isaiah Rashad")

12 comments:

  1. $1,200 for an above ground pool? You found a larger one for less cost? Glad you will be able to get your money back so you can buy this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Family guy vibes when I read "it really grinds my gears". I know its a headache but u got a cheaper and bigger pool. When's the pool party???

    ReplyDelete
  3. People...especially poor people...are expected to pay up front and early for everything. And to be grateful for the opportunity to do so.

    Large corporations, on the other hand, don't really ever have to do that.

    In fact, when they really get in trouble, they just ask the federal government for help.

    "Rules for thee, not for me" is every corporate executive's mantra anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that must really hard. I am glad your daughter was able to still get a pool. I always wanted a pool when I was little, but instead my neighbor gave my mom her backyard key and we would go to her pool anytime during the morning and evening for a swim lesson. Definitely will be a core memory for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I hear someone say "grinds my gears" it reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Peter is a news anchor and has is own segment of the random stuff that "grinds his gears." It's a funny episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving to a house is a better decision because you are putting your money into an investment instead of somebody else's pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you were able to get a cheaper one your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang that sucks. What most likely happened is the label fell off the package. And if we know exactly who shipped the item, we send the products back. Walmart, Bed Bath, VMI and a couple of others are what we call our "bulk trucks" but they are usually the ones with the biggest problems. They really need to invest in better labels that will stay on the package. I wouldn't be surprised if in a week or two after all of this you go to track your order and it says "damaged." That usually means we found the label but can't find the package it belongs to. But I'm glad you were able to find a better pool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree, glad all is not bad in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Amazon is terrible. Pools are nice here in Las Vegas over the summer so it's understandable why you would want one for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on purchasing that pool for your daughter. I'm sure she is very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah I'd love to afford a big pool for myself one day because public pools are nasty as hell.

    ReplyDelete